The Senior Chemist participates in supervised laboratory responsibilities which involve the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment; method development; collection, review and maintenance of samples for analysis; tabulation of data; issuance of reports; maintenance of records; assist with laboratory results interpretation, and other operations as required by supervisory and management personnel. May interact with the following laboratories/departments: Inorganic/Organic, Technical Consulting, Materials/Environmental, Microscopy, IT, Geology/Geophysics, Waste Management, Quality Assurance, Special Projects, Clients.
- Assist in laboratory analyses and perform laboratory analyses.
- Develop analytical methods to solve complex analytical problems.
- Troubleshoot equipment, train personnel in proper analysis following approved standard operating procedures, oversee the work of such trained personnel
- Clean, maintain, calibrate and document actions on laboratory equipment, instrumentation, supplies, and safety devices on a regular basis (regular as defined by Department guidelines).
- Create, maintain, record and update project files as necessary for analysis documentation. Review and update (as necessary) Standard Operating Procedures, Perform Analyses, review data, compile reports and meet all appropriate Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements and processes necessary during the normal laboratory operations.
- Direct the collecting, packaging, storing and arranging for the disposition of any samples, chemicals and/or reagents and any waste products from laboratory activities.
- Lead project execution, devise solutions to complex scientific problems, communicate with customers and lead the execution of multi-faceted projects.
- Additional duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Relevant experience may be substituted for education. This position requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in a highly automated and fast-paced laboratory environment. Expertise and experience in Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, Automated Sample Preparation Systems and other such Analytical Techniques is highly desirable. Experience and expertise with Industrial Hygiene methods, Environmental Analyses Methods and Materials Characterization methods is desirable.
Job Reference Code: SRCHEMANAL
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Department: Organic Analyses
About RJ Lee Group
RJ Lee Group is an analytical laboratory and scientific consulting firm based in Monroeville, PA. We provide analytical services related to industrial hygiene and environmental matters. We also work with clients to address technical issues encountered during product development and manufacturing processes. Our laboratory testing services are provided in response to regulatory requirements as well as for material and product requirements and specifications. We routinely conduct problem-solving and investigative studies for a broad range of industries. Our multi-disciplinary technical staff of subject matter experts (SMEs) is available for consultation and scientific investigations. Our experts represent decades of specialized knowledge with strengths in many scientific disciplines. Together with our substantial analytical resources, our depth of experience results in robust support delivered by seasoned professionals.
RJ Lee Group offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible and health savings account benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT Employer