RJ Lee Group, Inc. is currently seeking an entry-level Laboratory Technician.
Job Responsibilities:The Entry level laboratory technician position performs sample preparation tasks in support of electron microscopy laboratory. The Technician conducts and observes standardized tests following test parameters and, as required, obtains and records data or ensures data has been captured by an automated system. Operates requisite laboratory equipment and instruments. Troubleshoots problems encountered with test equipment and maintains and makes minor adjustments to equipment. Prepares samples for analysis by grinding, crushing, weighing, filtering or digesting with acids. Engages in safe work practices and advises supervisor on improvements to test equipment fabrication, installation, and operation to ensure a safe laboratory operation.
- Prepare Samples
- Conducts and observes standardized tests following test parameters and, as required, obtains and records data or ensures data has been captured by an automated system.
- Able to perform all QA/QC procedures
- Maintains and makes minor adjustments to lab equipment.
- Engages in safe work practices and advises supervisor on improvements to test equipment fabrication, installation, and operation to ensure a safe laboratory operation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must posses manual dexterity adequate for handling small delicate items.
- Experience with sample preparation preferred, but not required; Prior experience working in a laboratory environment is strongly desired
- A high school or equivalent education or a combination of one to five years continuing education, or trade school. An Associate’s Degree in a related science is preferred. Educational and/or work experience in geology, biology, or materials characterization is preferred.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Strong motivation to learn and grow
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team and to prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with microscopy and microanalytical techniques is desired
Location: Monroeville, PA
Job Reference Code: LABTECH
Status: Full Time Reguar
RJ Lee Group offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible and health savings account benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT Employer