Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As a federal contractor and in accordance with recent executive orders, RJ Lee Group has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Effective Wednesday, December 8, 2021, all RJ Lee employees must be fully vaccinated. This requirement shall apply to all employees -- whether you work from home, at one of the RJ Lee Group office locations, and whether or not you perform any work on a government contract. In the event you are given an employment offer and are unable to become fully vaccinated, whether because of an approved medical or religious exemption, you must contact Human Resources immediately. We will work with you to analyze your request for an accommodation. Otherwise, proof of vaccination will be required.
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Concrete Petrographer. The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of the microstructural characteristics, analytical tools and consensus standards used to evaluate concrete, concrete aggregate, and cementitious materials. The candidate is required to understand and be able to identify the common deterioration mechanisms of cementitious material composites in a variety of environmental exposure conditions.
The Concrete Petrographer will carry out investigations of concrete and aggregate according to ASTM C856, ASTM C1723, ASTM C457, ASTM C295, ASTM C1324 and other standard or novel methods and draft comprehensive reports of their findings. This position requires experience using a stereo-optical microscope, polarized light microscope, and scanning electron microscope (SEM) with energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), and good communication skills. The candidate will be expected to support efforts within the company in other related areas, conduct training of junior concrete petrographers, and collaborate with scientists both within the organization as well as academic and industry partners.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. in Geology or Physical Science, or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' experience under a Concrete Petrographer.
- Course work or other training in optical mineralogy
- The Petrographer should have a comprehensive understanding of the composition and structure of concrete materials at a microscopic and structural level and be well trained to identify common deterioration mechanisms.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of factors affecting and contributing to durability issues of cementitious material systems and be able to identify them
- The strongest candidates
- will understand of factors that affect the performance of concrete materials and how the microscopic characteristics are affected by those factors
- have working knowledge of complimentary analytical tools to evaluate performance and failures
- have experience performing failure investigations using existing and novel analytical methodology
- and be able to communicate and produce comprehensive reports of their findings
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite of software and image collection and processing tools
- Intellectual curiosity, problem-solving abilities
- Strong motivation to learn, grow and teach
- Ability to work independently or with a team and to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when required to meet project needs
RJ Lee Group is an analytical laboratory and scientific consulting firm based in Monroeville, PA. We provide analytical services related to industrial hygiene and environmental matters. We also work with clients to address technical issues encountered during product development and manufacturing processes. Our laboratory testing services are provided in response to regulatory requirements as well as for material and product requirements and specifications. We routinely conduct problem-solving and investigative studies for a broad range of industries. Our multi-disciplinary technical staff of subject matter experts (SMEs) is available for consultation and scientific investigations. Our experts represent decades of specialized knowledge with strengths in many scientific disciplines. Together with our substantial analytical resources, our depth of experience results in robust support delivered by seasoned professionals.
Location: Pennsylvania - Monroeville, PA
Job Reference Code: PETRORJL Concrete Petrographer
Status: Full Time, Regular
Department: Construction Materials
RJ Lee Group offers full-time employees a total benefits package that includes:
Paid time off benefits
Medical, dental, vision and medical/dependent care flexible and health savings account benefits
Group life insurance and disability insurance
401(k) savings and investment program
RJ Lee Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT Employer